Friday, July 24, 2009

Eddie's Big Adventure







My name is Eddie. This is me before my big adventure. I was big and strong. I was a "tuff" cat. The picture on the right is what happened to me as I was running away from being eaten by .....I can't even tell you.....I was running away so fast. The vet said that I was lucky to be alive. I have scratch marks all over my belly. AND the bite they took just to the right of my tail took all the skin. That pink stuff is muscle. I have to wear a special collar so that I don't help clean my wound. Neosporin doesn't taste as good as my favorite cat food. My Mommy was so glad to see me. AND Daddy actually came over to me and picked me up. Ah......to feel love again !!!!
I was gone 21 days and lost 3 pounds. My claws were badly mangled. It's a jungle out there !!!!
The only one who was NOT glad to see me, was Stella, my sister cat. She is just getting over having surgery for a plugged anal gland. She and Mommy were very thrilled she did not have cancer. BUT she is spending all her time trying to keep me in line.
Trust me. They don't have to try to keep me in line. I THANK GOD every day that I found my way home and don't have to scrounge for food and water any more. It is HOT and SCARY out there !!!
I hope I remember what happened to me in the months down the road. I don't want to repeat another big adventure. I realize that I only have 8 lives left.

3 comments:

Buttah said...

omg! that is so funny and cute joan!!

Anonymous said...

omg! I'm so happy your kitty is ok. How horribly scary! He'll heal in time.

SewCalGal said...

I'm so happy that Eddie found his way back home. So sorry to hear of his experiences in "the wild".

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com