Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sewing Machine Song

Hello A-Team:

So much has happened in one week!!!! We need to process the news, the kids, the classes, spouses, parents, bills, the good, the bad and the ugly. Life is a journey and we need to keep walking forward. There is no time machine in life, except for the one in H.G. Well's book and old movies.

BUT…we can all take time out to giggle….just a little!!!! Check out this video sent to me by one of your fellow students: Mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=999ph8iRT4o. It looks to me that this is from a musical produced in the 50's. I THINK it is called the Pajama Game, but I am not sure. Do any of you recognize it? The BOSS seems very familiar. I don't recognize the singer. Thank you very much for sending this to me!!

This A-Team email is split into 2 parts. The weekly class part is written below. The information concerning our next Fandango Field Trip was emailed to you. I just didn't think it was a great idea to put that kind of information out on the web.

Basic Sewing Monday Night: I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!! There were 58 students in this class, on Monday, November 2. You know, you can change and come to my Thursday night class. I only have about 26 students in that class. This week's demo on MONDAY will be how to layout your fabric and cut your fabric for the Sewing Portfolio. The preparation work to sewing can be more involved than the art of sewing. Prep work, ensures the project's success!!!! I will also go over the industrial machine exam with the 8 students who took the exam. For those of you who bought a pattern, we will talk about the pattern and then cut it out. This means we will be fitting the pattern to you or your fit model. Bring your patterns to get them approved, your paper scissor, and your straight pins. Next week, November 16, I hope to show you how to lay out a pattern, so it is ready to be cut. There ALWAYS IS time for individual help.

Wednesday Night Patternmaking: YES…..there is class on Veteran's Day November 11. Get ready to learn how to lay out your pattern and mark and cut industrially!!!! Bring your master patterns, muslin (5 to 6 yards*), soup cans, religious objects, china markers, and 18 inch see-thru ruler. We will be working in pairs. We can lay out faster. We need to add 1-inch seam allowances. By the time you leave, you will be ready to cut out your master pattern at home. We will be sewing them up and fitting in upcoming classes. There is a lot to discuss. We will also be seeing a demo concerning Saris and Choles. Sorry, gentlemen, I will need to ask you to take a break while this is going on. See you for an EXCITING Wednesday night!!!!

* Yardage Town's muslin was not as inexpensive as Joanne's. AND with a 40 – 50% off coupon, you can get the muslin's price down EVEN Further!!!!!

Basic Sewing Thursday Night: This week's demo will be on hand sewing. Come do it with me. We will be hand sewing on beads, sequins, hooks, eyes, snaps, and trim. You will need a sandwiched piece of fabric with fusible interfacing in the middle. Last week, I demo'd darts, and elastic waistbands. All of these techniques are for the sewing portfolio. Next week, November 19, I will be demoing Pleats. Don't miss class. You will learn A LOT!!!! Note: it is OKAY for all basic sewers to come to both my Monday and Thursday night classes. I demo different things in each class.

Friday Afternoon Machine Embroidery Made Easy: Because we are having class on Wednesday, November 11, the San Diego Community College School District has decided to close on Friday, November 13 and make it a 3-day weekend. Therefore, we will be working on our clocks NEXT Friday, November 20th. Friday, November 13, we will be closed. What an exciting way to learn how to multi-hoop!!!! I was honored that 18 students came and signed in for this class. Note: This is still not enough students to hold the class together. So here is a treat for the rest of my students: COME TO THIS CLASS AND HAVE OPEN SEWING LAB TIME. I will be there to answer your questions.

COME TO CLASS AND LEARN to MAKE MONEY WITH YOUR SKILLS !!!!!

1 comment:

embroidery designs said...

Yeah, I love this song from video ;)

The Sewing Machine (song)

btw, your blog it's dicvover a lot of topics, love it :)